Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why I Homeschool

1. My kids will only be young once. I want to cherish this time with them.

2. I can focus on their individual strengths, weaknesses, and interests.

3. I can make sure they learn how to do more than regurgitate facts. I can ensure they learn how to think and how to apply their knowledge.

4. I can help them learn to be good people. I know I can't block every bad influence or experience, but I can control the kind of behaviors they perceive as rewarding.

5. I can try to make learning fun, rewarding, and part of our daily lives, so as the boys grow up they will continue to be curious and excited about the world around them.

6. With just a little effort I can provide more diverse experiences than anything that would be available to them at a traditional school.

7. If the weather is beautiful we can have "class" outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment